OVERSIZED FIRST ISSUE! Chocolate, vanilla, existential horror, drug addiction, musical fantasy…there’s a flavor for everyone’s misery. ICE CREAM MAN is a genre-defying comic book series featuring disparate “one-shot” tales of sorrow, wonder, and redemption. Each installment features its own cast of strange characters, dealing with their own special sundae of suffering. And on the periphery of all of them, like the twinkly music of his c...
Details Ice Cream Man #1
Reviews Ice Cream Man #1
- Rick is an old-fashioned ice cream man out to serve as many happy customers as possible. What’s your favourite flavour - vanilla, chocolate? He’ll serve it up to you lickety split! J/K, LOL! Of course that’s not what this series is about - would anyone publish anything so mundane? But I went into Ice Cream Man #1 not knowing a single thing about the title or what to expect and I think that worked in its favour because I really enjoyed the s...
- Very strange from the get-go but it definitely held my attention.2.5 - I liked this but not enough to round it up.
- Very weird and very interesting. I'm not really sure what to make of it.
- 3.75 That was creepy. I didn't know what to expect other than it's a short horror comic, and it definitely worked in it's favor. But why did it have to have a spider in it?! And now I need to go to bed, dang it!Spiders...evil things.
- i— i wasn’t not expecting that. i wasn’t expecting much, really. i’ll certainly be keeping up with the series because i have to know what the hell is going on in this town.
- This was creepy as hell 👀
- Love the concept, humor, and art. Absolutely my cup of tea. “Fuck you, Byron” really made me lol
- Fear and Loathing and An Ice Cream TruckAny comic featuring a cheerful, brightly colored, ice cream truck and a police detective noting that "the woman's carrying her cat's skeleton around in her purse", is doing something right.This is a series of one-shot weird tales, featuring sorrow, suffering, and angst, tied together by a crisp, clean demon and a dry, deadpan narrative style. In this one there's something wrong happening in the neighborhood...
- Well that was super creepy and wonderful. I'm not even sure what to say except that if you see this, buy it. Dang. (I know this isn't really a helpful review, but I'm not even sure what I read yet, lol.)
- Great artwork and some nicely written dialogue. The setup and introduction of characters is intriguing. The second half becomes so over-the-top the story falls apart. Prince ends up trying just a little too hard for this to work.
- Interesting concept, with a 'gonzo-esque' feel to the artwork. Too early to give any real idea of plot or theme, but it seems to be veering towards 'do bad shit, get bad shit back'.I do have a sneaking suspicion that this title will work better in it's eventual TP form rather than individual issues as the narrative flow will work better in my opinion.*Review copy received courtesy of Image comics
- This was interesting, but I have no interesting in continuing with it. I like the horror anthology concept, but aside from it being a spider (which I am really scared of), I didn't find much in this that was scary or that I haven't seen before. But it's worth checking out for sure!
- A perfectly weird comic, weird as weird can be. Lickety split. Can’t wait for more.
- Very interesting first issue. Kinda throws the creepiness of Ice Cream Men into another genre. Part werewolf, part super spider, part creepy kid that never said anything after his parents died. I like the artwork and the storyline is interesting. Don't know if it rates an issue #2 buy at this point but we shall see.
- This was a strange read.Don't know were this story is going and to be honest not sure it will be my cup of tea. But I just have to read the next issue... :)(also, I hate spiders! I really do! That part was creepy as hell)
- So the Ice cream man has all the flavors you need. Our main guy is not the friendly guy we expect him to be. He gives me Stephan King's Pennywise vibes. Though the end revel is a little weak there are shades of magic here. Scary and sinister. This defiantly caught my attention.
- You create this ice cream with the key of imagination. An ice cream truck.. A truck with ever flavor of horror. You just crossed into.... the ice cream zone.
- Are you still afraid of spiders?
- The spook elements reminded me of Hellblazer series.
- What the hell is this. It’s so bizarre and creepy. I love it.