FROM THE BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF THE UPCOMING NOVEL THE PRESIDENT IS MISSINGOnly Detective Michael Bennett stands in the way of two cartels fighting for New York City's multimillion-dollar opioid trade. And they know where Bennett--and his family--lives. An anonymous tip about a crime in Upper Manhattan proves to be a setup. An officer is taken down--and, despite the attackers' efforts, it's not Michael Bennett. New York's top cop is not the on...
Details Ambush (Michael Bennett, #11)
Reviews Ambush (Michael Bennett, #11)
- Mike Bennett stories are always filled with action, family, a little laughter, and getting the “bad guy”. This book really has two stories in it. A full book and a mini book, which is just as good.
- Why oh why do I keep buying his books ! I was cranky right at the start of the book because I always check where the book ends; 68% & IT'S OVER ! If you pay $14.99 for a book, do you want it to end at 68% ? I keep telling myself STOP buying his books but this was his Michael Bennett character who I've been following for years. I need to stop buying his books because during the whole reading I was angry and feeling cheated. I did enjoy the story b...
- Love Michael BennettI still enjoy Michael Bennett works! So many other James Patterson series have been a let down! They are not nearly as well written. His last few works haven't been worth reading! I don't think he cares anymore. But Michael Bennett is holding it's own. Maybe that says more about this "co-author" than Patterson!
- Like the last book in the Michael Bennett series, there are 2 books here. The main book is Ambush which is 303 pages and the second book is Manhunt which is 114 pages. Manhunt is a follow up to the short book featuring Michael Bennett called "Haunted."In Ambush, Michael is being hunted by a female assassin and there are plenty of harrowing scenes in this book. There is a feud going on between the Mexican and the Canadian drug cartels which result...
- Alexandra Martinez, the Beautiful Death, is a paid assassin. She has been hired by a drug cartel to kill Michael Bennett, as retribution because his son, Brian was involved with a drug syndicate, and Bennett had killed one of its people. Michael needs to track a trail of murders before he can figure out that it is Alex who is chasing him. His family is put in danger, and it comes to a frightening conclusion.This is the latest installment in the M...
- This book was just okay for me. It had some of the usual high paced action, but it got flat for me. Alex's character, while intriguing, was not really someone I could relate to. Michael Bennett was all over the place and some of the drama was never really resolved, especially with Brian's injuries. I ended the book feeling like it was incomplete. Hoping the next one shines like the first ones in the series did.
- The plot is great and the books keep you on the edge with a lot of suspenses and the way the authors plays with the main characters and his family is great but honestly I would have like to have this book a little longer and not have the Manhunt freebie since already read! I really like Michael Bennett and his family!
- Such a great book. I can never get enough of Michael Bennett. I liked the twists and turns this story took. Good suspense. I even somewhat liked the villain and wished she could go good. Can’t wait for the wedding and what happens to Brian.
- Buen michael bennettNo sorprende, pero menos decepciona. Siempre lo hacen muy bien patterson y equipo, con novela La divertidas y que cumplen.
- The Bennett series is always freaking hilarious in its prose ... this did not disappoint.
- One of the best in the series. Good character development and action.
- Another good read, I do enjoy Michael Bennett books! The little read at the end was a nice surprise, and very good, as well. Thanks! Waiting for the next one!