“This is Jeopardy!” Celebrate the thirty-fifth anniversary of America’s Favorite Quiz Show® with The Jeopardy! Book of Answers . In honor of this extraordinary milestone, the show’s producers have selected fifteen historic games from over seven thousand episodes that illustrate why the show is every bit as timely—and as lively—as it was the moment that Alex Trebek first took the stage in 1984.You’ll meet Ken Jennings in his ...
Details The Jeopardy! Book of Answers
|Title||The Jeopardy! Book of Answers|
|Release Date||Nov 13th, 2018|
Reviews The Jeopardy! Book of Answers
- A delightful little book. Much of the book is photos or the clues and answers from certain games, but I really enjoyed the little prose snippets where they went into the background of the episode. As a decades-long Jeopardy fan, this was a treat.
- This book was received as an ARC from Rosetta Books in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.Jeopardy is one of my all time favorite game shows and I have always wondered what happens behind the scenes of one of the greatest game shows ever created. I also was very interested in reading more of the Ken Jennings winning streak one of the greatest in the show's history and to see how muc...
- This was just fun. I got interested in Jeopardy when that one guy was having the big winning streak. ("That one guy" -- Ha! You can tell what kind of Jeopardy player I'd make.) I'd never watched the game much, so I knew very little about it. This gave the basics of its history and development through the years, along with the actual trivia question-answers that appeared in certain pivotal games. It was fun to play along, though in some cases the ...
- If you've been a lifelong fan of Jeopardy! as I am, and you already know everything there is to know about this televised library, there isn't much this book does in any surprising information or further interesting facts. It's disappointing, for example, that the Battle of the Decades section focuses only on Ken Jennings, Brad Rutter, and Roger Craig rather than writing about how the tournament was formed, how producers reached out to former con...
- I won this on Goodreads.“The Jeopardy! Book of Answers” by Harry Friedman and Barry Garron is a must for any Jeopardy fan. It tells of the background of many of the most compelling / captivating games played in Jeopardy’s history. For any fan this book is great educational fun. It might just inspire me to try the online test to be a contestant. The answers on one page and questions on the next is a little awkward by this lets the board be e...
- Read prepping for my appearance on the show (eek). I was a little disappointed by the book's recency bias as quite a few of the games were taken from 2017. I also wanted to see more regular games that were exciting, as opposed to tournament games (easier or harder questions than normal, depending on the type of tournament).There were a few weird typos in the clues that I'm sure did not appear when the episodes were televised.
- Great fun for Jeopardy! fans of all ages. I particularly liked the prose/discussion sections sprinkled throughout. The complete games are fun, but not really as objectively interesting as the behind-the-scenes bits. The discussion of Ken Jennings' streak was especially interesting in light of James Holzhauer's recent success. Overall, a fun little coffee table book. 4 stars - if there had been a few more text sections, it would have been perfect.
- I received this book via a Goodreads giveaway.A fun book to read to read. Not only stories about the games and winners, but the games are reproduced in a way that allows you to play them yourself as you read. My one complaint concerns the answers that had a video clue. Instead of reproducing the video image, it's described in text which gives away the question. Still, very good overall.
- I loved this book. What I enjoyed most was being able to research the answers, okay questions. A mentally stimulating book that I can pick and always find something I didn’t know. I received this book as a Goodreads Giveaway and I thank the publisher for offering this book. As a long time Jeopardy fan I appreciate it.
- A fun look at my all time favorite game show with some behind the scenes info & quite a few of the more prominent games throughout the years (think Ken Jennings, Brad Rutter & Watson!). A good read for any & all Jeopardy! fans.
- It was a fun, quick look into past questions and answers.
- Enjoyable trivia and more. Easy to pick up and go through as desired - stories add some bonus insight for Jeopardy fans.
- Hours of entertainment for the whole family. Will treasure this book and hope for a second one.