NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER From the internationally bestselling author of Love Her Wild comes The Dark Between Stars, a new illustrated collection of heartfelt, whimsical, and romantic poems from Instagram poetry sensation, Atticus.Atticus, has captured the hearts and minds of nearly 700k followers (including stars like Karlie Kloss, Emma Roberts, and Alicia Keys). In his second collection of poetry, The Dark Between Stars, he turns his attention ...
Details The Dark Between Stars
|Title||The Dark Between Stars|
|Release Date||Sep 4th, 2018|
Reviews The Dark Between Stars
- I was a huge fan of Atticus's first book Love Her Wild, I gave it 5 stars, but this collection of poetry was so disappointing. I liked maybe three poems in this entire collection and the rest were such basic, cliche-sounding crap. Here are some of the "poems" I disliked:"The prettiest eyes sparkle from the inside out.""It's always safe to do noting when it rains.""I've always loved lavender, it's purple in all the right places."Like.... ok?? Also...
- Just not feeling the love for this collection by Atticus. I think his first collection, Love Her Wild, was much better. Like those poems, these are mostly one sentence. There were a couple I really liked but most were merely OK. I also preferred the photography in the first book, though there are a few really stunning black and white photographs in this one as well. If you're a fan, I'd say to read this; otherwise, try "Love Her Wild" first.
- “The bravest thing she ever did was to stay alive each day.”
- Great book of poetry! His ability to say so much in only a few words is amazing. Each poem sparks a thought, a memory and takes you on your own journey. I love that the book has photos with each poem. A wonderful book of words.
- This just made me feel so good. It was like my soul needed some poetry! I can't even explain what I'm feeling right now. I just curled up on my bed, with some Fall Celtic music on in the background, and my cat sleeping next to me, and read this entire beauty in one sitting! It just reminded me about the magic of the world, and how little things are fantastic and dreamy. The photography throughout this book is also amazing, and so perfectly aesthe...
- He fell in loveThen fell out of itI'm still singleWondering:"Why have I read this?"That's me being poetic. This book is about Luuuuurve with cool pictures and some nudes here and there. Yeah. That's it. And honestly, don't recommend it.
- I am disappointed. I liked maybe three or four 'poems', the rest felt pretentious and cliché. I've expected more.
- "I love you most in that place between coffee and sleep.""I want to know every part of you,every scar,every bruise,I want to trace the map of you,my fingers a compass,your freckles the constellationswhich in my heart I will chartso when I close my eyesI’ll have you in my stars forever."The cover is just gorgeous, writing is simple yet phenomenal. The poems will just leave you mesmerized.
- 3.25 stars
- Ich lieeeeeeebe seine Gedichte einfach.
- I’m probably going to be in the minority here but here goes… 3.5 overhyped stars rounded down to 3.She was thatwild thing I lovedmy dark between starsI absolutely loved Love Her Wild, Atticus’s first book. The poems were separated into sections (Love, Her, and Wild) and the poems were placed accordingly. Atticus attempted a similar set up for The Dark Between Stars with varying degrees of success. He started backward with Stars and ended wi...
- Writing Style - 4/5Cover - 5/5Illistration Art - 5/5Overall Rating - 4.7 / 5
- 3.5 starsI enjoyed the first book more and I felt like this seemed more about telling people who are in a bad place mentally that they aren’t lost causes or something, some sort of self help poetry maybe?
- When will it end? Absolutely trash poetry.
- It is so easy to forgetwe are the same as all the othersin thinking that we are different.Atticus has always been one of the Instagram/Tumblr-y poets I've seen around, and I'm happy to have gotten a hold of his second book, after reading Love Her Wild. Although, I found I enjoyed the latter more than I did this.The photographs are beautiful, but it nearly felt all the same as Love Her Wild, and within its own pages, therefore it became a bit tir...
- Atticus has done it again! What a powerful book full of so many different feelings all at once. There’s always one poem in particular that will stick out as the ultimate poem and changes your life for the better.
- Cliche, trite, a waste of money. I honestly don't understand the praise. I'd consider this more quotes than poetry. I feel a lot of the imagery and themes could've been expanded into longer works of greater depth. As is, his 'poetry' offers nothing novel or interesting. I also find his taking on the voice of an old man, old woman, little boy, and little girl, very odd and pretentious. As though that would give an air of wisdom to otherwise lacklu...
- Perhaps one of the most important things that poetry can offer us is pure, unbridled honesty. Atticus, known for keeping his identity a secret, has always told the truth in each poem he writes. Thanks to Instagram, Atticus's success with his poetry has provided a path for more poets to shine bright. The Dark Between Stars takes the reader on a journey of a blossoming relationship, the ups and downs of committing to one another, and finding onesel...
- “We will never get back the life we waste trying to be normal.” The Dark Between Stars es la primera obra que leo de Atticus. En realidad, tenia curiosidad porque me había encontrado con sus pequeños poemas en Tumblr o en Instagram y me parecían un poco interesantes. Sin embargo, esta novela no me ha parecido tan cautivadora. No me gusta comparar autores, pero este año he leído otros libros de poesía (Kaur, Lovelace, Leav) y creo que h...
- MY RATING: 4/5 STARS I received an ARC from Simon Schuster Canada in exchange for a honest review. I was sent this book unsolicited and honestly, if I never got it from the publisher, I probably would have never picked up the book and potentially lose all the beautiful quotes/poetry I've since collected since I read it. I'm not a fan of poetry. I don't hate it but I'm also not the type to lean towards it when I have a spare hour to read whateve...
- What a beautiful book filled with beautiful words and beautiful photographs! Having read it in one go it feels like I had just finished reading a love story - complete with highs and lows and it is strange to think back to the poems in the beginning of the book, since they conveyed such a different atmosphere in comparison to the ones at the end.The book as a whole feels like one big confession of love - to Paris, to Her, to the stars and the uni...
- Wow, Atticus to z 0.5* u Love Her Wild vytáhl na 1.5*! Ne, že by se ale nějak zlepšil... Tu hvězdičku a půl má za to, že se v téhle sbírce "básní" našly hned tři básničky, které se mi líbily. Zbytek? Měl by zůstat na Instagramu. Přišlo mi, že tu je ještě víc fotografií než minule - třičtvrtina knížky jsou tedy jen fotky. Ne, že by to nebylo hezké, ale přeci jen... jsem tu kvůli obsahu, ne fotkám. Obsah? Ne. O...
- I absolutely loved this compilation of poems! Short and sweet, but very meaningful. The concept is amazing and super relatable. I also loved the addition of the images to accompany the poems. Such a beautiful touch! I 100% recommend!
- Excellent free verse poetry.
- 3Das zweite Buch habe ich direkt im Anschluss an das erste Buch von Atticus Poetry - Love. Her. Wild. - gelesen.Auch wenn es bereits das zweite Poesie-Buch für mich war, hat sich im Vergleich zum ersten Buch nicht viel bei mir geändert. In dieser zweiten Sammlung gab es mehr Gedichte, die mich nicht mitreißen konnten und mich eher kalt ließen. Sein Schreibstil ist und bleibt gut, aber inhaltlich haben mich nicht allzu viele Gedichte überzeug...
- write about meshe said — for what's the usein loving a poet if they don't make youlive forever.
- I really enjoyed this collection of poetry. It reminded me of some of the works by Rupi Kaur.
- Rozhodně lepší jak předchozí sbírka. Cítila jsem z ní více emocí a mám v ní více lepíků. Takhle by měla vypadat moderní poezieHODNOCENÍ: 85% || 4⭐/5⭐ Rozhodně lepší jak předchozí sbírka. Cítila jsem z ní více emocí a mám v ní více lepíků. Takhle by měla vypadat moderní poezieHODNOCENÍ: 85% || 4⭐️/5⭐️
- See this review and more on Books and Ladders!I didn't think this was as good as the first collection but there were a lot of good poems in here. I quite enjoy the way Atticus views the world and women he loves. Definitely recommend it if you were a fan of LOVE HER WILD!
- Actual rating: 4.5/5I absolutely loved this. Only loses half a star because I wasn’t the biggest fan of some of the poems in the first section “stars”.