Gorilla loves racing with his pals, and he'll do anything to win. Until . . . Gopher arrives and stops Gorilla in his tracks. Then Cheetah ambles by. Now the challenge is really on. Ready, Set, GO!
Details Ready, Set, GOrilla!
Reviews Ready, Set, GOrilla!
- Winning isn’t everything, especially when friends are more important. Gorilla is so competitive because he always wants to win, but when Gopher and Cheetah bet him at his own cheating game Gorilla learns what it’s like to lose unfairly and he realizes that more than winning, he wants friends. Excellent good sportsmanship discussion starter for young children.
- A cute story about the importance of friendship with a message that reinforces that winning is not always the most important thing. A great addition to any book collection with lively illustrations and quirky wordplay.
- Cute story about competition and that winning isn't always the most important thing.
- Ready set GOrilla is a fun refrain throughout the book that I imagine young readers (and listeners) will love saying along with the story. But that’s just part of the fun that Melissa Stoller’s words and Sandy Steen Bartholomew’s illustrations have created. The art is so full of life. The colorful, large text that pops up in addition to the regular text just adds to the design of this book. Younger kids will most likely enjoy listening whil...
- Ready, Set, Gorilla is such a timeless story about friendship. As children are developing their relational skills with their family and the world around them, Gorilla teaches them in a humorous way that in order to have friends you have to be a friend. Your own needs cannot exceed those of others. Melissa Stoller crafts this story with beautiful rhythmic, lyrical language as Sandy Steen Bartholomew carries us through with the most colorful and hu...
- Gorilla loves to race. He’ll do anything to win, including cheating. One by one, Gorilla loses all his friends. Find out what happens when Gorilla gets a taste of his own medicine. This is a story children can easily connect with. Everyone knows a Gorilla or two. The GO play on words adds a fun read aloud element. Bartholomew’s funny illustrations will have you laughing out loud. The animals are active, expressive and cute as can be.Favorite ...
- Gorilla wants to win. He's so competitive that his friends get hurt when they race him. When Gopher takes a shortcut in a race and Cheetah is a cheater, Gorilla gets a taste of his own medicine. He wants to win, but he also wants friends. Can Gorilla learn how to play fair? Filled with fun language and engaging illustrations, kids will love Gorilla, and the book will give you a chance to discuss good sportsmanship and teamwork.
- A fun, fast-paced story with a subtle but important message that children will easily relate to. Gorilla loves to race and will do anything to win, including cheating. With the loss of his friends and the arrival of some tough competition, Gorilla is faced with a choice. This is a fun story to read aloud and the illustrations are full of life. A must for schools and libraries and a wonderful addition to every home.
- Ready, Set, GOrilla! is a delightful story with a subtle but important message. Gorilla loves to race, but he often resorts to cheating to ensure a victory. When Gopher and Cheetah come to town, Gorilla may have met his match. The adorable illustrations complement the text perfectly. This book is must-have for any classroom or library!
- Excellent book!!!
- Young readers will learn the true meaning of being a winner in this perfectly paced book by Melissa Stoller. The frolicking, fun animals will have children asking for this book over and over again.
- Cute story that reinforces fair play with adorable illustratons
- A simple picture book with animals explains how in the end, cheaters never win--not just races, but friends as well.
- Clever story about competition, cheating, and making sure everyone is having fun.
- This is an adorable picture book about learning to lose games with grace and to be a good sport.
- Although kids all want to be winners, Gorilla soon finds out that he's not the only one that wants to win. Cute book about fair play. Beautifully illustrated, kids will love this book.