A small band of brave adventurers journey to save their village in this stunning debut picture book from papercut artists Hari & Deepti. Perfect for fans of Aaron Becker's Journey.Mio and Nao live in the valley of Krum, above a great river that provides everything they need to survive. As children, their grandfather told tales of the Silver Fox and Fire Wolf, tales everyone else believed were only legends--everyone, that is, but Mio.When the life...
Details The Seekers
Reviews The Seekers
- Mio and Nao lived in a tree-top village in the valley of Krum, gathering the crown-shell snails deposited by the river that bathed the roots of their arboreal home every night, before receding during the day. Although different as they could be - Mio was a storyteller, and believed in the ancestral tales about the Silver Fox and Fire Wolf who kept the world in balance, while Nao was more practical, and longed for adventure in the everyday world -...
- UNBELIEVABLY exquisite art, and it has a wonderful story--I wish we had another page or two for the reader to make the necessary mythology connections before we get to the climax.
- One of the best illustrated kids books I have ever seen!
- Read an F&G and reaaaaaalllllly want to see the final of this one as I suspect the galley couldn't do justice to their paper-cut artwork. Interesting story, but the illustrations are what will make this one shine -- they're quite striking.
- Beautiful illustrations.
- Stunning paper cut art.
- The highlight here is exquisitely intricate cut-paper, silhouette art.
- Artists from India, Hari & Deept use bold colored, layered dioramas to tell a fable of the Silver Fox and the Fire Wolf. When the Seekers main water source dries up, they leave their village to discover what happened. The journey takes themt through dangerous lands as they try to bring the water source back to their village. The illustrations will capture the readers' attention. While the story tells a cautionary tale around environmental issues.
- Hari & Deepti’s The Seekers is a mesmerizing and deeply felt picture book, full of adventure, heart, and a timely message. Readers will fall in love with the wonderfully woven tale and the dazzling cut-paper illustrations, full of the most stunning colors and scenes.