Question: Which of the following have you done this week?A. Switched on the TV within minutes of waking up.B. Eaten lunch while driving.C. Taken your cell phone into the bathroom.D. Used a cup of coffee as a pick-me-up.E. Looked in the mirror and had a negative thought about your body.Question: Which of the following haven't you done this week? A. Laid the table for breakfast.B. Noticed what time the sun set.C. Driven with the radio and the cell ...
Details Mariel Hemingway's Healthy Living from the Inside Out
Reviews Mariel Hemingway's Healthy Living from the Inside Out
- This is a very well written, easy to follow and implement guide to living better. De-stress, de-clutter, de-toxify...all kinds of tips, exercises, and the importance of cleansing the major areas of your life: home, body, mind, etc. She divides the book into four areas: Food, Exercise, Silence and Home. And while some things (ex. recipes) might not appeal to everyone, there are many easy, interesting, fun things that will appeal to most. Unlike ma...
- this is a surprisingly good read and exactly what i've been looking for to help focus me on living life more presently.it's a little touchy hippie like but i love it!
- Mariel Hemingway provides a 30 day program for healthy living. There are 4 main components of her program: healthy eating, exercise, silence (meditation) and home (creating a calm and peaceful home environment). The book was easy to read. It was like listening to a wise girlfriend (who happens to be a model & yoga instructor) teaching you everything she has learned about how to look and feel great! It should be noted that this is book written by ...
- I LOVE this book...I bought it last summer and read it cover to cover within a week. I've reread parts of it and am actually now rereading the entire book. The book itself relaxes me and helps me focus on me, what i'm doing, what's going on with me (mentally, emotionally and physically). It me just be a better person to myself...and when I do that I can be a better person to everyone around me.I don't follow all her tips down to a T, but the gene...
- This book was pretty good. I gave you some great tips on how to be more healthy and more relaxed with your lifestyle. I thought the food chapter was a little over the top for me. I'm a normal person and I can't afford to go out and get crazy expensive food every week. Also there is so much stuff that I know that I couldn't live with out. Like Cheese! Also the meditating thing kind of weirds me out a little bit. I enjoyed practicing the yoga moves...
- I am surprised by how much I like this book. I especially appreciate the chapters on silence and home. Her approach to finding calm is very holistic and relate-able. One peeve though is that it seems that she has a lot of time on her hands. I understand the idea of slow living, but I just can't see myself taking the time and energy to set the table with beautiful linens when I have a stack of 50 essays to grade.
- I think this would be a valuable book for those who haven't really had much experience living a healthy lifestyle.For me, there was nothing new, and I actually found it a bit tedious. Also, I hate to say this, but I don't think Ms. Hemmingway has worked out her food issues (which she admits she has), because her diet is extreme, even for those of us who are veteran health food store enthusiasts. Not for me, but likely good for others.
- I really enjoyed this book.She covers the four areas:Food/NutritionExerciseSilence/MeditationHomeIT is very inspiring. She has great ideas for healthy food,appropriate exercise, meditation techniques (I was inspired to set up an altar) and cleaning out and beautifying your home.I highly recommend it.Laurie
- I liked this book. It's a lovely read, in a calm tone to guide you through all things that are good for you. I don't believe in its promise of a "30-day quickstart program" but the ideas are great reminders for a lifetime of peace, health and wellness.
- Another book I'm rereading. It is becoming my current bible.I ADORE Mariel Hemingway. If you have any struggles with weight, taking care of yourself, finding balance, or anything similar I think you'd enjoy this.
- I didn't think I would enjoy this book as much as I did. It was filled with beautiful pictures and some down-to-earth tips. I understand, given her family history, why she would be concerned with healthy living. Refreshing....
- I loved this book. Positive helpful...check it out.
- Not only is this book chock-full of good tips, it is also very readable.
- This is a re- read.
- She is my inspiration
- Written by Ernest Hemingway's granddaughter in an attempt to curve the extreme tendency genes that run deep in her family tree.
- very motivating!
- Really enjoyed this book, and picked up a few new ideas. Will probably have to buy the book too to see how to apply the 30 day program.
- Awesome bunch of ideas to work on. Need to buy and do the program. Totally different approach to improving your life.