For every parent tired of telling their kids to PLEASE JUST GET ALONG, this hilarious and imaginative new picture book--from the beloved creators of Babymouse--is here to help. Sort of.Meet the Evil Princess and the Brave Knight. She casts terrible spells, while he fights dragons. He rescues cats in distress, while she makes mischief. No wonder there isn't much peace in this kingdom! But is the Evil Princess really so evil? And is the Brave Knigh...
Details The Evil Princess vs. the Brave Knight
Reviews The Evil Princess vs. the Brave Knight
- Brother and sister team Jennifer L. and Matthew Holm, the creators behind such popular comic series as Baby Mouse and Squish, join forces once again in this picture-book exploration of sibling rivalry. The eponymous Evil Princess likes to play mean tricks, while her brother, the Brave Knight, enjoys rescuing anyone in distress. When their play leads to a quarrel, their magic mirror separates them. But is it really as fun, playing by themselves? C...
- Sister and brother, evil princess and brave knight. They lived together in a castle but that didn’t always mean that they got along. The Evil Princess liked to be mean to the Brave Knight. The Brave Knight liked to be brave but he could also be mean, when the Evil Princess was evil to him. The Magic Mirror got tired of their mischief so she sent them each to their rooms!That was fine…….at first. They played in their rooms and did what Evil ...
- The Evil Princess is known for casting terrible spells. The Brave Knight protects the villagers from the evil dragons. One of them helps those in need while the other causes mischief. Between the two of them, the kingdom is always in distress. I thought the book was a fun read but, I didn't like that the little girl was portrayed as a villain. I felt like with kids even if one child seems to be one way, when they are playing together their person...
- Saw Jennifer Holm and Matthew Holm at the National Book Festival and they read the book to me!What can be better than that?!?This was a really cute book. I love the repetitiveness of the "that's what an evil princess does" and "that's what a brave knight does." The ending was also really great and I love how it ties everything back to the beginning.I don't love the style of illustrations and definitely prefer some of Matthew Holm's other illustra...
- I LOVE Jennifer and Matthew Holm but I definitely did not LOVE this book. The book tells of the story of 2 siblings who are really unkind to each other but it doesn't resolve the problem. It just treats it as being kind of silly and funny. My 2 youngest have a very difficult time getting along and I was hoping this would be a great book to discuss some ideas and instead I think it just gave them more bad ideas!
- Humorous way to share about spatting siblings. This brother and sister are a brave knight and an evils princess with a poor cat simply trying to survive. The Magic Mirror sends them to their chambers. After they come out, they play together well until the ending of the book.Fun illustrations and a story so many can relate to at all ages.
- Siblings AND their parents everywhere will love this funny take on getting along.
- This is a super cute book for siblings who have a hard time getting along. Also for those with wild imaginations. It made me laugh out loud and I really liked the illustrations too.
- A funny story about brothers and sisters I am assuming might be "close to home" for the author and illustrator. Amusing images (watch for a poor, put-upon kitty) and relatable text.
- The "quality" children's literature that occupies the shelves of B&N; and, yes, the cover is priceless as well.
- I understand the perspective of the adult character in the book (obviously), but the little girl seems overly mean. Is that a girl thing or an older sibling thing?
- Brother and sister pretend story.
- Loved it!
- The perfect brother/sister sibling rivalry book for kids.
- A cute tale of sibling rivalry and pretend play that almost gets resolved in the end. It looks like this is going to be a series, so I'm sure that's why it is open-ended.
- I loved this new picture book by the amazing sibling duo--Matt and Jennifer Holm
- cute, but it doesn't really resolve anything in the end
- This made me laugh out loud, and I liked it, and yet... there was something about it ... just didn't have that *umph* and resolution that it needed at the end.
- Cute take on a sibling rivalry story.
- Sibling relationships be like that sometimes.