In this exuberant companion to If I Built a Car, a boy fantasizes about his dream school--from classroom to cafeteria to library to playground.My school will amaze you. My school will astound.By far the most fabulous school to be found!Perfectly planned and impeccably clean.On a scale, 1 to 10, it's more like 15!And learning is fun in a place that's fun, too.If Jack built a school, there would be hover desks and pop-up textbooks, skydiving wind t...
Details If I Built a School
Reviews If I Built a School
- If I Built A School is Chris Van Dusen’s third If I Built... picture book. Brilliantly coloured spreads full of wonderful imaginings provide the perfect leaping off point to spark children’s own creativity. If I Built A School is more like If I Built a fun park. From glass tube travel ports and spaceships to holograms and water slides, Jack’s school design is wild and heaps of fun.While the inclusions in Jack’s school are perhaps not exac...
- I discovered the series this book is a part of this summer and I fell in love with it. Not only do I adore Van Dusen's bright, entertaining illustrations, but his rhyming is first rate. In this book, Jack tells his teacher all about the school he would build if he was in charge. He demonstrates a first rate imagination as he details the zoo, glass tubes and pods for transportation, classroom towers, and stylus's that write in the air. He can't ex...
- I imagine there would be 100% attendance at a school like this.
- It’s no secret that we LOVE Chris Van Dusen around here! In fact, we love him so much that I pre-ordered If I Built a School the day I heard it was being published, and I try really, really hard not to buy books until I’ve seen them in person. But, I believed it wouldn’t disappoint, and I was right!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Our copy of If I Built a School arrived yesterday, and we’ve read it at least 11 times already. We read it twice ju...
- Van Dusen's predictable rhyming style and recognizable illustrations are back again in this back-to-school tome. Young Jack is swinging on the swings when he tells Ms. Jane (the teacher) that the school lacks pizazz and proceeds to explain the school he would design. Jack's school would include everything from a zoo to hologram history classes. Jack definitely knows how to design schools!A cute rhyming story suggested for lap reading or group. I ...
- Chris Van Dusen’s school is surely one that students and teachers would never want to leave! I can imagine when the bell at the end of day would ring, they would all look at each other, shrug their shoulders, and continue on in this amazing atmosphere of learning. For some reason while reading this book, I could hear the Jetsons’ theme song and whizzing by of space craft in the distance. Absolutely delightful and one to quickly insert into yo...
- “My school will amaze you. My school will astound. By far the most fabulous school to be found!”Zoo animals, robot chefs, hover desks, holograms and skydiving wind tunnels are just some of the features that a boy tells his teacher he would have if he designed the school.Delightfully detailed illustrations and a nice rhyming cadence will make this a fun read aloud.
- A young boy uses his imagination to create his version of the best school. From the puppies that greet students when they arrive to the hover desks in the classrooms, the action doesn't stop.Use to start the year and talk about their ideas for schools.Great segue to decorate their shelf markers for library - create an area in their perfect school.
- The illustrations are the star of this book. They are dynamic, uplifting and thoughtful, with beautiful swooping lines and wonderful details. Young people will enjoy flipping through this book on their own, and its fun, rhyming text will also make it a pleasant read aloud for a group.
- I am late to this party ... I haven’t seen the other ones. But SO MUCH fun! Did I see it was going to be a tv series or a movie or something? 🤔Anyway. So many STEM tie ins I don’t even know where to start.
- This was a great book! The illustrations and the ideas put forth toward what kind of school the boy wants to build is so imaginative and amazing. They are so creative and full of color and awesomeness.
- How cute! Bright and bold illustrations and such a fun imaginative story!
- We LOVE these books! So fun to look at all the illustrations.
- So cute! The illustrations are beautiful and the rhyming text would keep the youngest reader enthused.
- Such a fun picture book! I could totally see this as a mentor text for readers to explore the essentials that would build into their own school!
- Lots of fun! Very Dr. Seuss-ish.
- Highly creative and imagination...highly recommended for young old who love the creative-vintage world of tomorrow type of presentations.
- Loved it!
- Uh... that was AMAZING!!! I'm definitely keeping this on my list to read for back to school season!