At last, the definitive book about perhaps the best cabin crew dramedy ever filmed: View From the Top starring Gwyneth Paltrow.In Ayoade on Top, Richard Ayoade, perhaps one of the most 'insubstantial' people of our age, takes us on a journey from Peckham to Paris by way of Nevada and other places we don't care about. It's a journey deep within, in a way that's respectful and non-invasive; a journey for which we will all pay a heavy price, even if...
Details Ayoade On Top
Reviews Ayoade On Top
- Is this TripAdvisor? No? Well, never mind. What a journey! I saw sights I thought I would never see. Interpretations I thought I would never understand. I went to places I never knew existed, let alone were on a map. All this and I was encourage to relax in slacks, and reassured that my corduroy-clad frame was in the company of a wise, wise captain of literature.
- Ayoade on Top by Richard Ayoade If anyone was up to the task of writing a definitive analysis of the 2003 Gwyneth Paltrow cabin crew dramedy film 'View From The Top' I am mildly confused as to why Richard Ayoade thought it could be him. 👓Luckily for us he took the gamble, forged ahead and wrote this gem which is written in his inimitable voice and made me laugh...a lot. 🥰If you love Richard Ayoade I think you'll love this book too. But then...
- Really rather brilliant. Basically a super long essay on a film that I've never seen, and I doubt many others have either. It sounds like a dreadful film, it's called View From The Top and it has some big names in it. Ayoade's tongue-in-cheek critique of VFTT is so beautifully crafted, so deadpan in its delivery and so very funny that it actually makes the film worthwhile. Not that I'm going to watch it, I'm just glad they made it. 5 stars.
- Thoroughly enjoyable read, a lovely take (down) on Rom Coms...towards the end there’s a perfect scripted film....laughed out loud. Good fun.
- What do you mean you've never even heard of View From The Top?
- Fun and very much on brand for Richard. I own all of his books and will continue to do so, even when they're analyses of a movie I haven't seen since 2003.
- Ayoade on Vaginal Eggs : "As my mother would always say to me, 'Nothing that can hatch belongs in your vagina.'"I can't in good conscience give this book any less than 5 stars.