No Overview Yet. Please Check Back Later
- This is easily the most visually gorgeous graphic novel that I have ever encountered. The friendship story is effortless and accessible. A true finding yourself, finding your strengths, and then finding others when you feel like you're lost story. Story feels a little Alice in Wonderland while at the same time is NOTHING like Alice in Wonderland. Gender-neutral "they" pronouns are used throughout. Ingram has this as 13 y.o. and up ... but story i...
- animation industry make a movie of this or I'm comin for you
- Really sweet friendship story with gorgeous art
- I have so many feelings about this stunning graphic novel, and I just love it so, so much in its entirety. The art is incredibly beautiful and the characters and the main friendship are moving and believable and just ... please do yourselves a favour and read this
- SUCH a gorgeous book. As soon as I saw it I knew I needed to have it.
- Bought, read, and got signed at TCAF 2019. A really gorgeous book. A fairly straightforward story about some dimension-hopping youths but with some stunning visuals and solid characterization. It turns out I got her Zine last year and it was also a visual spectacle. Mendoza does not disappoint!
- SKIP is unlike any graphic novel I've ever read. Visually it is beyond stunning -- every single page is a masterpiece. It feels dreamy and abstract, but still grounded in panels that include dragons and board games. Ultimately what I found challenging was the meshing of both Bloom's story and Gloopy, and I found myself wishing it had one story or another. Still, this is an incredibly beautiful book.
- A breathtaking work of art. Each page, each panel dilated my pupils. If I found some of these pieces in a zine or anthology, I’d rip them out to hang on my wall. The only coffee table book on my coffee table.
- Man I didnt expect to be crying at the end of this but here we are. The art is incredible even if a little too abstract for my brain at times. Bloom and Gloopy are wonderful.
- Beautiful art! Unique and imaginative but also fun and touching. Suitable for children, although the art concepts might be confusing for younger readers.
- Wonderful illustrations, very vivid!
- The story was ok but the art was amazing.
- Daringly creative and beautiful, but not quite polished enough for me.