The Only Worlds We Know is a nuanced and tactile look at both sobriety, and what comes after. Patient meditations on loss and the land where the people we love live and are also buried.
Details The Only Worlds We Know
|Title||The Only Worlds We Know|
|Release Date||Aug 13th, 2019|
Reviews The Only Worlds We Know
- A writer of poems just wants their voice to be heard.Michael Lee is a talented writer and performer of his words; a poet who can express himself and engage an audience.Button Poetry have championed a number of poets and The Only Words We Know is a collection of Lee’s poems brought together in one publication for the first time.He is a clever writer whose emotional expression is in your face; an octave above angry more akin to rage. Yet it doesn...
- I keep saying that Button poetry ought to give me some of the juice they're sipping because very collection I read from them moves me, and this one, this one stopped me right in my tracks.Ever asked yourself 'how do I talk about this topic without offending someone?' Read this.Ever asked yourself, 'what's it like standing still in darkness?' Read this.Ever asked yourself, 'what does it feel like to be uncertain, afraid, hopeful, weary, loved, in-...
- The Only Worlds We Know by author Michael Lee is outstanding poetry done in a lovely manner! I definitely recommend this one!Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
- I received an ARC through #netgalley. An excellently written and crafted collection of poetry. I enjoyed it immensely. Button poetry's publications rarely disappoint!
- Such a beautiful collection of poems. The very first poem had me hooked and I just kept reading. Poems of love and death and addiction. They all made me feel so many different things. Incredible!
- This, like everything that has been written about death, is also about being alive. Michael Lee is one of the first poets that made me love poetry, that made me love language like this. A beautiful collection.