From a roster of bestselling, award-winning, and beloved writers come seven true stories to remind us that there’s no one path to the perfect match.
Details Before Her
Reviews Before Her
- 3.75 stars. Beautifully written vignette about love. I would love to see it become a full memoir.
- This 17-page memoir of Woodson's love life up to the current love of her life was touching and lovely. She told a story most of us are familiar with, of love found and lost, and found again. I would love for her to expand on this and turn it into something more for her readers.
- ReminiscingThis story reminded of so many things in my childhood that I often had to stop reading and go back, because my mind had drifted to my own memories. I love the way she writes about her experiences as if she is still there. Her mentioning of many gay male friends dying in the eighties brought back memories of the world's dealing with this new sickness by making quilts and spreading them in parks to remember all the people who had died of...
- Before Her is about the life-defining moments and relationships of a woman before she met her wife and became a mother. It’s a ‘thank you’ note to all the ones who came before and shaped her into the woman she is today. It’s a quick read, and a decent start to Amazon’s short story collection, ‘The One.’ That said, it’s not as strong as some of the other entries in the collection.
- Woodson writes beautifully, but I think this memoir was too short and a little too light on details for me to have found it truly compelling. Still, this definitely makes me want to read more of her writing.
- I couldn't get awayThis book is amazing. Congratulations to the author for such great work. Couldn't put it down. Enjoyed more than you will even know.
- i really look forward to these reads from Amazon and enjoy the listen or read option. great cover.
- This is a short story from Amazon Originals.This is a touching memoir by a great author where she shares a few life defining moments.
- What I FeelI connect to the woman in the story like crazy. Somehow the writer tells of the way you feel in this world today.
- What I knew then, as I watched her kick her feet up in the air, was that this was the end of something and the beginning of something too."