More than 175 quick, wholesome, nutritious, and delicious recipes to be enjoyed by vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
Details Quick Vegetarian Pleasures
Reviews Quick Vegetarian Pleasures
- Hands down, Jeanne Lemlin writes the best vegetarian cookbooks EVER. Simple recipes that are delicious and easy. Seriously, do you need anything more? This book is particularly special to me because of three recipes. Lemlin's veggie couscous (p.133, minus the raisins) has become my signature dish and is known in my family as simply "Inge's couscous casserole." The scalloped kale and potatoes (p.149) is the most divine way to eat potatoes and chee...
- My mom bought me this cookbook when I became vegetarian in high school, and it remains one of my favorite cookbooks to this day. The pumpkin bread with streusel topping is absolutely amazing and worth the price of the book. Other fave recipes are the chocolate cake (easiest and best recipe for chocolate cake ever!) and the lentil soup with garlic. This is a great cookbook for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike!
- I adore this cookbook. The recipes are indeed quick... and some of the most delicious I have ever had. I don't think I encountered a single disappointment among them. A few have become household favorites. I very highly recommend this book.
- This book has changed my life.
- My new favorite cookbook! Even non-vegetarians like me will love it! I checked it out from the library, tried a couple of recipes, and now I might need to purchase this cookbook for quick reference. It is written in a very simple manner with good hints and tips.
- Pretty quick and pretty yummy. Main complaints are that the book relies too much on pasta and cheese.
- So this isn't exactly a sit-down read, but it is THE best cookbook I have ever owned (thank you, Sarah, for giving it to me). I have given it myself on several occasions. Makes a good housewarming gift, even if the recipient is not a vegetarian. Every single dish I've made from this cookbook has been delish and super easy to make. My faves are the vegetable cous cous, tortellini with sour cream sauce, squash tostados, and green beans with lemon, ...
- This book is a basic veg cookbook and when the author said quick, she meant it. My famous corn chowder comes from this book ( I have altered it at this point, but I have to give credit where it is due). Some of the recipes are very basic, but great for a beginner cook, a starving college kid (the ingredients are basic and not pricey..this is how I fed myself and all of my friends in college), a beginner veg, or anyone who is pressed for time. It ...
- When Lemlin wrote 'quick', she meant it. Most of the dishes can be put together after work on a weeknight. (Much as I shall always love The Moosewood Cookbook, those recipes are time-consuming.) The recipes in Quick Vegetarian Pleasures deliver delicious, veggie-ful food in no time, without resorting to TVP, tofu or meat-substitutes.
- A- Got some interesting recipes from this book; my one complaint with Lemlin is that a lot of her recipes reply heavily on cheese and are not low-fat or necessarily healthy. I can't wait to try her recipes
- I've used this as my staple vegetarian cookbook for over 15 years. The recipes are truly easy and there are a few I go back annually. Just discovered blueberry kuchen living in North Dakota and can't wait to try this recipe myself.
- I have cooked a couple of the recipes from this book and they came out great. I hope to cook more of them. I like that they are not difficult. I need to acquire a blender.Note that this book is not vegan as there is a lot of dairy in here, though certainly many recipes are vegan.
- This is a great vegetarian cookbook with lots of usable recipes. This is where I first learned to make spicy peanut dip.
- Good fast healthy creative. My go to cookbook resource on many weeknights.
- I own it and it contains endless possibilities, I have a lot of vegetarian cookbooks, so I think I have only made one or two dishes, but they were awesome.
- This is a well-loved (read: many a page is crinkly and stained with ingredients) and faded book on my shelf. Nothing fancy but simple, healthy and delicious recipes abound.
- My favorite veggie cookbook. It's great for anyone looking to integrate some veggie meals into their diet. I also would recommend it for those interested in becoming vegetarian.
- Shelia turned us onto these books--they are great
- Nothing very groundshaking or innovative. Lots of pasta and canned beans, but, then, that's what's quick.
- This book is awesome. The pasta dishes are quick, healthy and delicious. This book has saved me many times. It is my second favorite cookbook. My favorite cookbook is by the same author.
- This is a fun cookbook. It has quick and easy recipes, but they are also a little more "elegant" than your average quick'n'easy recipes. I love it!