Home is where the heart is! Free spirit Rio Kinsella finds herself settled in the picture-postcard village of Lissamore on Ireland's West Coast. It's where she took her first step, had her first kiss and conceived her beloved son Finn. But now Finn's spread his wings and flown the nest, what's to keep her here? An old flame and a new prospect may provide the answer! City girl Dervla is poles apart from her bohemian sister. A businesswoman with a ...
Details The Kinsella Sisters (Lissamore, #1)
Reviews The Kinsella Sisters (Lissamore, #1)
- Irish sisters Rio and Dervla haven’t spoken for many years, and neither is particularly bothered by this as they live very separate and different lives. However, the death of their father Frank reunites the pair, and they both regret the time spent apart.Rio lives in picturesque Lissamore with her grown up son Finn and takes any job she can get her hands on. Dervla is a successful estate agent and loves the single high-life. They befriend their...
- Even though it was a little slow to start and there are numerous tautologies that grated on my nerves (uber, Jo Malone) I thoroughly enjoyed this.I am quite familiar with this part of the world (the west of Ireland) and I felt the work described it beautifully.A truly lovely piece of chick-lit.
- Lovely and moderately unpredictable story of 2 estranged sisters and the small town that they revolve around. Family, loss, humor and lots of gorgeous Irish countryside imagery.
- I found myself really enjoying this book. It was a breath of fresh air and lovely and girly. Loveable characters with lives that I need to know more about! I did curse you Ms Thompson when I found I need to read the next book (or two) to find out more about the girls! But no worries - both books found and purchased!
- Good but inconclusive
- I had read nothing of this Irish author's books before but I'm glad I've now discovered her. This is a lovely story of Rio and Dervla Kinsella and their lives in the west of Ireland. While Dervla is a hard-headed and successful business woman, Rio is a single mother with a variety of jobs and little money. Following a feud of many years, the two sisters are reconciled on the death of their father. From then on, their lives intertwine as Dervla co...
- Jill Mansell, Katie Fforde, Patricia Scanlan, Freya North - when Amazon says these were other authors bought by people who bought this one, you know really how it's going to be. It's a thoroughly comfortable read - nice characters (the bohemian sister, the prissy estate agent sister, the film star ex-lover, the millionaire with the stuck up daughter...) and a lovely Irish west coast setting. I enjoyed it well enough, ideal for a light read during...
- Clearly the first of several books (like some of her other books) and I found the ending unresolved to due this. However, well written with interesting characters, although it'll take some major reworking for Izzy to redeem herself!
- I loved this book it’s a real page turner. A summer read that I could not put it down.
- Good chick lit, read during Christmas break, and it had a lovely warm summery feel!
- I really enjoyed this book, i love reading books that are part of a series an that you can really fall in love with the characters. I could'nt wait to read the next two books that followed!
- Loved it. chick lit it might be but it"s good all the same. Looking forward to the next installments