Here are 18 chilling tales of vampirism from esteemed writers of science fiction and horror. Authors include Robert Silverberg, Suzy McKee Charnas, Jonathan Carroll, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, David J. Schow, Karl Edward Wagner, Kathe Koja, Elizabeth Massie, Barry N. Malzberg, Rick Wilbur, Thomas Ligotti, and many more.
Details Whisper Of Blood
Reviews Whisper Of Blood
- I picked this anthology of short horror stories up on mostly a whim. Vampire stories by Karl Edward Wagner and Kathe Koja were enough to entice me. Like most anthology collections, it’s a mixed bag. Some of these authors are able to deliver in the short story format, others are not, are frustratingly vague, like a half-remembered dream.What makes this vampire anthology different, though, is that the stories all push vampirism to its limits, try...
- Datlow is a terrific editor, so I think I must have vampire fatigue when I type phrases like, "The stories just seemed fine". Nothing to write home about, but again... vampire fatigue.... Hey, at least none of them sparkle.
- Strange ... just ... strange ... and not in a good way.
- An excellent collection which includes the story "The Ragthorn," by Robert Holdstock and Garry Kilworth, as well as stories by Thomas Ligotti, Kathe Koja, and David J. Schow.
- Some stories were good, some not as good. The one that freaked me out, for some reason, was "The Ragthorn Tree."